POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray and 3D graphs : Re: povray and 3D graphs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray and 3D graphs
From: Alain
Date: 20 Apr 2008 11:19:45
Message: <480b5f11@news.povray.org>
> Great. Axes are always useful. But I actually inserted the axes inside
> the union where we plot. Otherwise, the axes would always be in front of
> everything. If we plot the parametric equations above, we probably want
> the function to go around the z-axis, so I achieved that by putting the
> axes inside the union. Looks really neat.

Since when any object, whatever it's dimentions, will apears in front of
everything else if not part of an union?
The order in whitch the various objects are defined and ther apartenance, or
non-apartenance, to any union have absolutely no effect on it's placement or
apearence.
If the axis are closer to the camera than the other objects, they will be in
front of them. If they are farther away, they will apears behind the other objects.

When I want to show axis, I create an axis object made of 3 long and thin
cylinders, completely separated from the rest of the objects of the scene.

--
Alain
You *know* you've been raytracing far too long when you look at a heap of dirt