POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 26 : Re: Beta 26 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 26
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Apr 2008 14:52:34
Message: <4808edf2$1@news.povray.org>
Le Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:21:27 +1000, Chris Cason a modifié des petits
morceaux de l'univers pour nous faire lire :

> If you folks would like to summarise what you consider to be the most
> important outstanding issues, I'll see which of those I can tackle in
> the time I have.

For the unix/linux source code:

Incorporation of the workaround, at least, of thread starting race
condition. (better would be a clean solution, if possible)
[issue on gentoo amd64 here, workaround in discussion seems ok for me, at
least working]

Fix or avoidance of what looks like a random dead lock when displaying
the render window (Initial display of empty window, no move. On Gentoo
amd64, local X11, mouse event seems to unlock, at least with a click, but
that's cumbersome for animation rendering at night; On RedHat ES 5 Xeon
quad core, remote X11, the dead lock does not react to anything once the
black render window has been shown. Yet another race condition ?)

The UA features/delta from 3.6, if it could be fixed, would be great.
(ok, I did not check that, it's just there is a complain and
intellectually it bother me...)

That's all for important things.

Not so important for 26: the man page, please...

The time computation/statistics seems bogus (single core/quad-core) or
need re-interpretation, but I do not care.