POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering of a wobbeling plane : Re: rendering of a wobbeling plane Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering of a wobbeling plane
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 18 Apr 2008 12:12:24
Message: <4808c868@news.povray.org>
atomman wrote:

> How do I arrange object in space so that they form a plane which normal wobbles
> in a random fashion, while the objects them self still is connected smoothly?
>
> the situations is a little bit like rendering spheres floating in a wavy sea

I was just looking at http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/pov__eng.htm in
reference to the previous thread, and I think some of the material there
might be similar to what you're looking for (especially tutorial number
X, which involves using the trig functions to place spheres in wavy
patterns).

Hope this helps,

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+