POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textured faces : Re: Textured faces Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured faces
From: Alain
Date: 16 Apr 2008 11:53:21
Message: <480620f1$1@news.povray.org>
en ce 2008/04/16 08:44 :)   ->
> Haven't tried anything to fix the hanging renderer, but I did fix the wonky
> texture. Apparently the checkered floor was reflecting off of the box face. I
> added no_reflect to the floor, all fixed. Until I put something else in front
> of it, anyway...

Use 2 checkered planes with one very slightly moved up.
The top plane will have no_image and no_shadow and have a reflection less
texture. Also give it an interior_texture with pibment{rgbt 1}.
The bottom plane is your actual plane with it's reflection.

The bottom plane will still be illuminated and "see" the rest of the scene
because the underside of the top plane make it invisible.
The rays reflected by the box are intercepted by the top plane and won't be
further reflected.

It can look like:
union{
plane{y,0 pigment{checker rgb 1, rgb0}interior_texture{pigment{rgbt 1}}no_image
no_shadow }
plane{y,0 texture{checker texture{pigment{rgb 1}finish{reflection
1}}texture{pigment{rgb 0.01}finish{reflection 0.2}}translate -0.0001*y}
}

--
Alain
Adult, n.: One old enough to know better.