POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry? : Re: pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pvengine.ini now integrated into the registry?
From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2008 17:57:41
Message: <4803d355$1@news.povray.org>
en ce 2008/04/13 09:14 :)   ->
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> Jeff Houck wrote:
>>> In the latest Beta 3.7.beta25 change log, it mentions the pvengine.ini
>>> file is now integrated into the Windows registry. I'm curious as to why
>>> this was done? The editor I can understand due to it's tight integration
>>> with the Windows GUI manager. But why the pvengine.ini? Thx.
>> Vista compatibility :-(
>>
>>  Thorsten, POV-Team
>
> What do you mean, that under Vista an application can't read/write its own files
> any more?
> While I used the registry in the past, at the moment I'd go for an ini-file in
> XML format. Allows to go tree-structured if necessary.
>
> Steven

No application, exept for installers, can write an *.INI file to the programm
files folder. This also apply to some other sencible extentions.
*.POV and *.INC, as well as graphical files are not recognized as sencible
files, and thus you are allowed to write those.

--
Alain
Please hassle me, I thrive on stress.