POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow gap between mesh2 objects : Re: Shadow gap between mesh2 objects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow gap between mesh2 objects
From: Warp
Date: 8 Apr 2008 18:42:56
Message: <47fbf4f0@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> and are hollow.

  I apologize for this non-answer, but it just never ceases to amuse me
how the magical 'hollow' keyword is always used as the panacea cure for
all problems.

  I'm honestly curious: What do you think 'hollow' does, and regardless
of your answer to that, why did you think it would be of any help with
this problem?

  (If anything, assuming a misinterpretation of what 'hollow' does,
one could assume that actually *using* it would cause the problem
instead of not using it. What you want is a "solid shadow", in which
case it would seem reasonable to want the object to be solid, not
"hollow". So I just can't figure out the logic of how using 'hollow'
could ever solve the shadow problem...
  I'm always puzzled why people use the 'hollow' keyword as some kind
of magic spell to try to fix all types of problems which seem (and are)
completely unrelated to object solidness.)

--
                                                          - Warp