POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why aren't we all using Simula? : Re: Why aren't we all using Simula? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why aren't we all using Simula?
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Apr 2008 07:55:01
Message: <47fb5d15$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> Blah, that colon on the end isn't supposed to be part of the link!
> Here's the correct one:
>
> http://www.moserware.com/2008/03/computing-history-matters.html

Mmm, interesting. For some reason, I thought "core memory" had something
to do with superconducting liquid mercury...

Personally, I find it astounding that when I was 5 years old, playing
with my dad's BASIC-powered C64, people were working on the Miranda
programming language. And even when I was 10 years old and just starting
to get massively into programming, Haskell had been invented.

(As I understand it, Haskell is extremely similar to Miranda, but
non-commercial.)

And yet, it's still not mainstream. I guess that should be a pretty
clear indicator that it never will be...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/