POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media artefacts when object surfaces come close to eachother : media artefacts when object surfaces come close to eachother Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  media artefacts when object surfaces come close to eachother
From: Stefaan De Roeck
Date: 7 Apr 2008 12:43:07
Message: <47fa4f1b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

In the povray-code posted below, I'm trying to show two objects composed
of transparent light emitting material, that intersect eachother, simply
as an illustration of what the intersection should look like (first
object red, second green, in the intersection both colors are emitted
simultaneously).

This seems to work great, except when the surfaces of both objects come
close to eachother.  Rendering the code should show some sort of cross
composed of areas/pixels that are either fully red or green.  It is as
if the rays only see the entrance into one of both objects, and the
other object is disregarded.  Rendering with anti-aliasing partly hides
the problems where they weren't too large in the first place, but the
cross is still very visible.

Is there an easy solution for this?  (I suppose it's an accuracy
problem, not a real bug)

Many thanks,
Stefaan

// Povray code for two intersecting, light emitting transparent lathes

camera {
	translate 1 * -z
	rotate <-90, 0, 0>
}