POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? : Re: "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "The Last Guardian" cannot be rendered??
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 3 Apr 2008 06:36:35
Message: <47f4c143$1@news.povray.org>
> So what clued you on to this, Tim?  I didn't see any complaints in the pov
> output (but perhaps I missed it).

The file path provided raised an error, so I saw that
code, and remembered that you can't use concat to
form a filename in-place, it expects a literal or an
identifier, it just seemed simpler to move it.
Luck and experience I guess.

> Does this warrant a bug report?

Maybe, POV scenes should render the
same under any OS. Here's a minimal scene that
renders fine in Windows, does it work in Linux?

#version 3.6;

camera {
   location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
   direction 1.5*z