POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function : Re: "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:02:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function
From: Warp
Date: 3 Apr 2008 04:40:32
Message: <47f4a60d@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Does anyone know what the underlying reason is for the mirror imaging?

  I have asked this exact same question in the past (with regard to
creating heightfields from functions), and the answer is that nobody
knows. I don't know who the original author of the HF code is, and nobody
knows what he was thinking when he did that, or whether it was just a
design error or bug. Certainly there doesn't seem to be any rational
reason for it to behave like that.

--
                                                          - Warp