POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Career as a School Teacher : Re: My Career as a School Teacher Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Career as a School Teacher
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Mar 2008 18:43:48
Message: <47eed434$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:23:44 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>

>> I dunno, I think the teachers' unions would have a problem with that
>> here...
>>

> They're free to do that here (no union) But, yes. Good coaches get cushy
> jobs, and get to teach such things as math and science.
>
> Ever had a biology class taught by a football coach? >shudder<

I never took biology, but I know what you mean.....Yeah, sometimes the
priorities of schools get really messed up.  My university was ranked at
the bottom of the sports rankings for pretty much every sport; I couldn't
understand why they did sports scholarships (it is, after all, an
aeronautical university with programs like aeronautical engineering,
computer science, and engineering physics) but not generally for things
like, oh, I don't know, running the computer lab network with 0
downtime....

Jim