POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? : Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do?
From: William Tracy
Date: 28 Mar 2008 17:07:06
Message: <47ed6c0a@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> If you're talking about the Asus eee, then it's Linux. So you've had it
> if you're trying to put Windows apps into it.

I'm thinking of getting one for my sister, and I'm worried that she'll
immediately want me to put Windows XP on it. :-P She can get around in
Linux, but I'm not sure that I've made a convert yet.

> However, having said that I've played with a
> couple and for what they cost and offer they're good value for money

That's what I thought when I looked at the specs. The amount of RAM is
plenty, the processor looks fast enough if you're not doing POV ;-) but
I'm on the fence about whether the flash drive offers enough space.

I haven't been able to physically get my hands one one yet. :-(

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

One time I put my car into reverse while traveling 70 mph on the
freeway. It was a very exciting learning experience.
     -- seen on Slashdot