POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? : Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do?
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 28 Mar 2008 02:07:52
Message: <47ec9948@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:03:31 -0500, Mike the Elder wrote:
>

>>Many thanks to all.
>>
>>My next investment is going to be a second hard drive from which to boot
>>64 bit Linux.
>

> BTW, you don't need a second hard drive, separate partitions is just fine.
>
> (That's how my machine is set up).
>
> Jim

Then there's me, but I'm weird...

For my secondary drive I use removable drives.  I have three different
drives I can plug in (only one at a time, of course).  Windows and Linux
on the first (non-removable) drive, three Linux distros plus some
Windows partitions on each of two of the removables and just Windows on
the third.  (I like to play with different Linux distros...    :-)
Also I like multiple Windows partitions, I think it's easier to organize
things that way.  IMO, of course.)

But as I said, I'm weird.    ;-)     (And a 71-year-old geek.)

FWIW, I use System Commander as my boot manager, much easier to use for
large numbers of OS's.  Especially with the removable drives -- it
detects the changes automatically.

BTW, I'm using a 32 bit Athelon 2000+, with 1 GB memory.  But I think
this system is starting to get tired too, and I'll probably upgrade to a
newer system sometime soon as well.

      -=- Larry -=-