POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface City revistied (WIP-maybe) : Re: Isosurface City revistied (WIP-maybe) Server Time
14 May 2024 21:47:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface City revistied (WIP-maybe)
From: Tek
Date: 27 Mar 2008 15:15:03
Message: <47ec0047@news.povray.org>
New version, some textures (note the garage doors wherever a road touches a
building). This image was cropped from the original render: a whopping
1920x1200 for my desktop at work! Render time was somewhere around
1hour-ish.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

http://evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/misc/inc.php?file=gallery.php&bgID=-1&filter=cracklecity

> I decided to revisit that concept because I just noticed how interesting
> crackle metric 1 form <-1,0,1> looks, and this is what I came up with!
>
> It makes a more interesting looking city IMO. The roads look a bit wierd
> at
> the moment (but still better than previous roads). Hopefully with a bit of
> work on texturing I can get something that's completely procedural but
> looks
> pretty realistic!
>
> Comments & suggestions appreciated!
>
> --