POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : changing includes during animation : Re: changing includes during animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: changing includes during animation
From: John VanSickle
Date: 27 Mar 2008 01:00:30
Message: <47eb37fe@news.povray.org>
kike wrote:
> Hello everybody:
>
> I'm working on an animation which is supposed to mix real video and povray
> generated graphics. My question is:
>
> I would like to change a call to an include statement, this is
>
> on the first clock step -->#include "file1.png"
> on the 2nd clock step -->#include "file2.png"
> on the 3rd clock step -->#include "file3.png"

#declare FileName=concat("file",str(frame_number,-3,0),".png");

Of course, you can't include .png files this way, but you can use them
in image_map statements.

The -3 part indicates that the file numbers are three digits, padded on
the left with zeros if need be.  If the number in the file name is not
padded, then replace the -3 with 0 .

Regards,
John