POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the hell...? : Re: What the hell...? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the hell...?
From: St
Date: 26 Mar 2008 14:28:53
Message: <47eaa3f5$1@news.povray.org>
news:47e8fd7f@news.povray.org...
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

>> > ...would you believe me if I told you that when I take them off, I'm
>> > virtually blind?
>
>>   I believe you, I'm the same. It's not nice.  :o/
>
>  Ever considered LASIK?
>
>  It's expensive and not 100% risk-free (no surgery is), but the risks are
> rather small and the results rather effective.
>
>  I had glasses, and then LASIK. I haven't regretted it in the slightest.

     I have actually. Isn't this the one where a laser cuts a line in 360
segments around the pupil developed by the great Russian scientists in the
early '90's? I considered it because a good friend of mine had that same
laser treatment and he swears that it's fantastic. In fact, he doesn't wear
glasses anymore and says that his eyesight is "brilliant". The thing is, I
don't think he had the same treatment as yourself, (I'll ask him tomorrow if
poss.), but sometimes when I glance at any of his eyes (as you do when
talking), I sometimes see a small circular 'disc' where the pupils are. I'm
wondering if it's all the same thing?

    But no, I don't think I want to smell my eyeballs burning right now.
Maybe in the future when I think I won't move my eyes in any direction in
that 60 second time limit. I have a LOT of patience, but I don't think I can
handle that.

     ~Steve~