POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: nemesis
Date: 26 Mar 2008 10:26:08
Message: <47ea6b10$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I fear for the society that you live in then.

It's pretty much the same as yours, as in "western".

> And why should being a
> famous scientist make you good?

Perhaps an unwise choice of words:  "accomplished" might be more well
suited.  It might do good by making a finding that might lead to
revolutions like agriculture or domestication of fire have.  Or simply
better medicine, better tools etc.

> As for artists well history is full of
> them being castigated for their views

Castigated or not, such views sure were eye-openers.

> and I won't give my view on most
> of the religious leaders around.

Most = 90% and I think I've already made my point about the finding of
true gems among rocks.

>> But then, supposedly heaven/nirvana is like that.  Only no sex, I guess...
>
> Why no sex?

Hmm, supposedly because sex is a bodily function and when disembodied
the soul should have no need for it?  OTOH, you don't even need to get
as far as Hinduism or others far east religions to suggest sex in
Heaven:  Judaism considers that in the final days the Garden of Eden
will be restored right here and the dead will resurrect with their own
bodies restored.  Perhaps that explains why they are careful with their
possessions.

> Is that the same God that will condemn me to everlasting Hell because
> I don't believe He/She exists?

I don't think anyone was ever punished for not believing God exists.
Now, worshiping other gods or idols is another story...