POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Mar 2008 08:57:37
Message: <47ea5651@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:04:09 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:58:05 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>>
>> >  I aim high myself and don't look
>> > back to see how others are doing.
>>
>> I'm sure we probably don't need to rehash the "I'll pray for your soul"
>> moment from a few months ago, do we? ;-)
>
> ok, so I was half-jokingly trying to get you pissed off.

It didn't work. ;-)  Seriously, I'm comfortable enough in my own beliefs
that I don't need them to be validated by others.  I will also admit to
engaging in a little "let's see if we can wind this guy up" myself. ;-)

> My bad.  A
> completely sane, sterilized and logic discussion on people's beliefs is
> never entirely possible because of natural bias.

I think it is possible (I've had several discussions that were completely
sane.  What it takes is for the people involved in the discussion to be
able to set aside their biases and just listen to the differing
viewpoints rather than assume that such discussion includes a judgment of
the other person's beliefs.

The irony to me (because I was raised Lutheran, as I have mentioned
before) is that many who profess to be Christian are so ready to judge
those who do not believe, yet Jesus himself said essentially that you
should leave the judgment to God, and that it isn't man's role to do so.

> I apologize.

No need. :-)

Jim