POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Mar 2008 22:18:01
Message: <47e9c069$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:30:00 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   It's good to see that this thread about bashing ID proponents has not
> converted into an attack towards christian movements.

Well, I have to agree with Patrick's sentiment (though not necessarily
his presentation) about those who tell non-believers regardless because
"they know better what's for us than we do".  That's practically a
dictionary definition of 'hubris'.

But it's also fairly common for the "believers" to presume they're being
attacked during a discussion about what some non-believers consider the
idiocy of a religious position, so then we're even, eh?

Jim