POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:08:28
Message: <47e977dc@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> But to say that the vast majority of people need to be told how to
> live is elitism. IMO The vast majority of people need food and an
> education and not to be oppressed.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding nemesis but I thought he meant that the
majority of people are willing to follow someone posturing as a leader,
and possibly looking for this person, even if they don't need that leader.

I've seen that attitude in plenty of contexts: people just looking for
someone to follow, not necessarily interested in forming their own opinion.

It depends on context by the way; you can be a sort of leader on certain
questions, and go for the easier "follower" attitude on other matters.
Hence we can all be part of both the clueless majority and enlightened
minority ;-)

--
Vincent