POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another hardware-related question : Re: Another hardware-related question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another hardware-related question
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 25 Mar 2008 12:53:38
Message: <47e93c22$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> But: I have a Samsung 932N LCD screen. It has one VGA port. So I have to
> use a freaking adapter.
> (it has two stuck pixels too, and according to their dead pixel policy,
> that's still in the "normal" category)

It's evil practice nowadays to mention the most usual faults as normal.
Eg. Audi's manual says it can draw 1l of oil (the damn-expensive
long-life stuff) on 1000km - it makes maximum of 30l between two oil
changes - just to clear out of possible fault responsibility. Sameways
LCD panel makers mention that n dead pixels is "normal", so they don't
need to seriously jump up the quality. For software one crash/week can
be "normal" and for DVB-receiver it can be "normal" to loose subtitles.

We're living in a "normal" world.
</rant>

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen