POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who's game to help a vid game novice? : Re: PS2 question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PS2 question
From: Warp
Date: 25 Mar 2008 07:23:53
Message: <47e8eed9@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:47:28 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   I have a question about playstation 2:
> >
> >   Can you connect it directly to a CRT monitor?

> I think you would need a signal converter, like one of these:
> http://www.grand.com.tw/products_tvpc.html

  You mean the only way to play a PS2 with a monitor is for the PS2
to make a VGA -> PAL conversion, and then use a device which makes a
PAL -> VGA conversion? That doesn't make too much sense. (Not to talk
about the decreased image quality, as PAL is interlaced and has limited
resolution.)

  Why couldn't they think that hey, perhaps someone *might* want to
play a PS2 with a monitor instead of a TV?

--
                                                          - Warp