POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ structuring help.... : Re: C++ structuring help.... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ structuring help....
From: Warp
Date: 25 Mar 2008 06:51:36
Message: <47e8e748@news.povray.org>
> One size does not fit all. Stop. Right now, take out a fine-point marker
> and write on the inside of your glasses: Software Development Is
> Decision Making. "Think" is not a four-letter word. There are very few
> if any "never..." and "always..." rules in software ??? rules that you can
> apply without thinking ??? rules that always work in all situations in all
> markets ??? one-size-fits-all rules.

  Maybe "never use goto" is wrong, but "in the over 10 years I have programmed
I have never needed goto" is right. I think it's rather telling.

> It really bothers me when people think they know what's best for your
> problem even though they've never seen your problem!! How can anybody
> possibly know that multiple inheritance won't help you accomplish your
> goals without knowing your goals?!?!?!?!!!

  I completely disagree with anyone who says that multiple inheritance
is a bad thing.

  Sure, multiple inheritance can be misused. But so can regular inheritance.
So can variable and function naming. *Anything* can be misused.

--
                                                          - Warp