POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Michael Zier
Date: 25 Mar 2008 03:14:53
Message: <47e8b47d$1@news.povray.org>
Am Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:43:39 +0200 schrieb Eero Ahonen:

> scott wrote:
>>
>> I have a 1.9 Astra at the moment and I hate it (I didn't have any
>> choice in the matter).  A) the turbo-lag is so bad that it's dangerous
>> sometimes, you put your foot down and nothing happens for at least 1
>> second, *then* it goes.
>
> Astra 1.9 DTi (the now-selling common rail engine) and a over second
> long turbo-lag? Sounds like something's seriously wrong - Saab 9-3SC
> with the same engine has one of the unnoticeable turbolags I've ever
> driven.

When I've bought my current car (Ford Focus II 1.6 TDCI) I've test-driven
an Astra 1.9 CDTI (or what permutation they use) first. It *was* horrible.
After test-driving the Ford, the decision was done and I'm happy about
it. Except that the generator failed about 6 months after the
manufacturer's warranty expired (and 2 months after the dealer's).