POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ structuring help.... : Re: C++ structuring help.... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ structuring help....
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 24 Mar 2008 18:21:24
Message: <47e83774@news.povray.org>

> Agreed.  I was just trying to say that there are people who think "goto"
> is inherently evil, and that globals are inherently evil, because that's
> what they've been taught, but that's really just lies-to-children until
> they have enough experience to learn the few places where it really does
> make more sense.

C++ FAQ Lite:

One size does not fit all. Stop. Right now, take out a fine-point marker
and write on the inside of your glasses: Software Development Is
Decision Making. "Think" is not a four-letter word. There are very few

[and from another FAQ:]

It really bothers me when people think they know what's best for your
problem even though they've never seen your problem!! How can anybody
possibly know that multiple inheritance won't help you accomplish your
goals without knowing your goals?!?!?!?!!!