POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who's game to help a vid game novice? : Re: Who's game to help a vid game novice? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who's game to help a vid game novice?
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 24 Mar 2008 11:41:21
Message: <47e7d9b1$1@news.povray.org>
Two suggestions in the RPG field :

-Dragon Quest 8 : a very classic "Japanese" RPG, but really magnificent.
Simple story, beautiful design, a real jewel to play. You might get
bored by the many battles (absolutely no dextery required) if you don't
like the genre though.

- Okami : a totally original RPG, with unique graphical style (inspired
by traditionnal Japanese paintings, among other). I have not played it
yet, but if you believe the critics the story is also very good.

And one which is more or less in the plateform genre (althoug you don't
need so much dexterity) : Ico. A nice concept (you must go out, but are
accompanied by a girl, who has no special agility, etc.), and an
incredible atmosphere.

Thibaut

PS: at the moment, a PS2 is certainly a better option than a PS3 : tons
of great games (the choice among good games is really huge), and they
are cheap!