POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft may have done something right... : Re: Microsoft may have done something right... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft may have done something right...
From: Warp
Date: 23 Mar 2008 14:17:36
Message: <47e6acd0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Anyway, as I said, it does support packaging your project.  And, to
> clarify, that includes the resources.

  To avoid any misunderstanding: By "packaging" I don't mean "create an
installer file which you can distribute and which will install the program
in the user's computer".

  What I mean is that if it supports creating one single file which has
the data inside it, and then at runtime it reads the data directly from
that file instead of unpackaging it to the disk first (thus restoring
the original directory structure and files inside it).

  In other words, can you do so that your program consists of two files:
An executable file and a data file, and the program runs with just those
two files and doesn't create any additional files?

  Moreover, can some light encryption be applied to this data file (to
make unpackaging it slightly harder)?

--
                                                          - Warp