POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another hardware-related question : Re: Another hardware-related question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another hardware-related question
From: stbenge
Date: 23 Mar 2008 01:07:16
Message: <47e5f394@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> I'm planning to have dual monitors. One 20" or 22" widescreen and one 19"
> 4:3 monitor. Most likely the widescreen will be the primary monitor used for
> all games.

Keep in mind that many games use vsync, and if you plan on using an LCD
monitor (you didn't mention e/o) it might not support vsync, as it will
not have a normal refresh rate. I think LCDs are mostly 60hz, but it

which require vsync to look good don't always perform very well on it
(zsnes for one).

Sam