POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft may have done something right... : Re: Microsoft may have done something right... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft may have done something right...
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Mar 2008 15:25:41
Message: <47e56b45$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> 2) Resource manage is *incredibly* easy.  In the "Solution Explorer",
>> simply bring up the context menu and choose "Add Existing" or "Add New",
>> give it a name (and select the file if it aleady exists), and it's
>> imported into the correct directory.
>
>   Does it have any support for creating a (possibly encrypted) package
> from all the resources so that you don't have to distribute a bare version
> of your resources directory structure, but instead you can simply distribute
> this single package file with your program?

It does have support for packaging your projects, but I don't believe it
has encryption.  It's compiled into a bytecode, so it's very easy to
decompile into the original sources.  If you encrypted it, then the same
key which allows it to execute would allow it to be decompiled.

Of course, you could use an obfuscator, and there are commercial
packages available that integrate nicely with VS to do this
automagically for you when you build your project.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com