POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another hardware-related question : Another hardware-related question Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Another hardware-related question
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 22 Mar 2008 14:52:13
Message: <47e5636d@news.povray.org>
I'm still busy specing my new machine.

I'm planning to have dual monitors. One 20" or 22" widescreen and one 19"
4:3 monitor. Most likely the widescreen will be the primary monitor used for
all games.

I'm looking at getting a GeForce 8800 GT graphics card. Can that run 2
monitors, or do I need to have 2 cards? If the latter, are there any
reasonably priced grahics cards that can handle dual monitors and are still
good for modern gaming?

If I need 2 cards (or 1 add-on card and one built-in), does the motherboard
need anything special?