POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera, object, and spline animation... : Re: Camera, object, and spline animation... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera, object, and spline animation...
From: Alain
Date: 22 Mar 2008 10:15:24
Message: <47e5228c$1@news.povray.org>
this is me nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/22 00:33:
> Hello,
>
> I've started to play around with Chris Colefax's spline macro, and here's what
> I'm trying to do, and what I've noticed:
>
> What I've done is define a spline - no problem there - a shiny metal sphere to
> look at, and a camera - again, no problems here either.  I've placed the metal
> sphere 5 units in the z direction, and the camera -15 units in the z direction
> (x and y for each are, of course, 0 and 0).  Then, I animate both along the
> spline according to Chris' tutorial.  Note that I use different values of auto
> banking for each.  My goal here is to try to get some sort of chasing effect
> where the sphere wobbles a little to the left and right around corners as the
> camera trails (also wobbling a little to the left and right).
>
> What I've noticed is the sphere stays dead center in frame, for a rather boring
> and unrealistic chase scene.  So, my questions are:  Is my logic right
> regarding the effect of the offsets, and of not, how would one place the camera
> and sphere so the sphere appears to moves off axis as it races along the spline.

Check the look_at of the camera. Does it corespond to the sphere location?
You may try to use a look_at point that is much closer to the camera, or
somewhat ahead of the target sphere.

--
Alain
I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.