POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feeling the pinch yet? : Re: Feeling the pinch yet? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feeling the pinch yet?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 21 Mar 2008 14:44:49
Message: <47e41031@news.povray.org>
news:47e3ee74@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> > It's no more possible than travelling faster than light or creating
matter
> > out of thin air. In fact, it's less possible than both of those (which
> > theoretically do occur under strange circumstances)
>
> Actually, they both occur all the time everywhere. :-)

Has someone seen tacheons? I admit, I'm a bit behind on some of the lit.
Matter out of thin space happens, but since they're virtual particles that
disintegrate (and turn back into the photons that created them) in a
fraction of a nanosecond, it's not really a factor. Unless you have a black
hole nearby, that is. Or are you talking about zero-point energy?

I was trying to leave quantum out of this. Thermodynamics alone are bad
enough. :-)