POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in : Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in
From: Chris B
Date: 21 Mar 2008 12:29:41
Message: <47e3f085$1@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> it could be something as simple as camera and lights not being compatible
> with
> what PovPerson likes, however I was unable to trace it down.  could you
> see if
> it jumps at you?
> Thanks,
> Meltem
>
> union {
>   object
> {ppFigure("ppann.inc","ppstyle1.inc","smile","ppstanding.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")
> translate <40, 0, -15> }
>   Dojo
>   }

As you mentioned before a file called "smile" doesn't exist, so that needs
replacing with an expression file like "pplookstraight.inc". Otherwise it
seems to be mainly a question of scale. The person currently only shows up
as a dot at 640x480, but if you scale by 15 the figure shows up ok. The
bottom of the foot is the fixed position, but this character is wearing
heels, so you probably want to move her up by a short distance to
compensate.

So:

ppFigure("ppann.inc","ppstyle1.inc","pplookstraight.inc","ppstanding.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")
  scale 15
  translate 2*y

Should give you something that works.

Regards,