POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hint for the day... : Re: Hint for the day... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hint for the day...
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Mar 2008 12:14:00
Message: <47e3ecd8$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Why in hell would anyone do that anyway?!

I was burning a DVD, and it wouldn't go above 1x even tho it's a 4x
drive. I thought maybe I'd screwed something up and it had wound up as a
PIO interface rather than DMA or something.  So I did the usual Windows
fix for it, which is uninstall and reinstall the driver.

I *expected* to either be told "Can't do that - driver in use" or to
have it uninstall when I closed the burner or when I next rebooted. But
it yanked the driver out from under immediately and BSOD'ed a "not
implemented interrupt" BSOD.

Amusing, to say the least.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)