POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backup : Re: Backup Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backup
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Mar 2008 12:06:56
Message: <47e3eb30$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I have no idea WTF all that is about!

I don't know. Let me suggest that a hard drive isn't going to be as
problematic. :-)

>> But as I say, plug the backup machine into the net next to the server,
>> and back up over the network. Works fine. It's how I do it.
>
> It has a flavour...

That must be some British expression I'm not familiar with...

> Our backup software has a "backup to folder" option, but it works like a
> file copy. IME, deleting millions of files isn't "fast"...

Odd. No, deleting millions of files isn't fast. What's wrong with the
backup software that comes with Windows?

But as you say, partition the disk so you can use one partition per
backup, and format over the drive each time.

You're much luckier than I was with tapes. Probably because your company
is buying high-quality tapes.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"