POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feeling the pinch yet? : Re: Feeling the pinch yet? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feeling the pinch yet?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Mar 2008 09:18:55
Message: <47e3c3cf$1@news.povray.org>

47e3be7f$1@news.povray.org...

>      Ah well, that would explain why it hasn't been done yet, but I still
> think that with our great engineering brains, it 'might' be possible.

As Gail said, not without breaking the laws of thermodynamics as we
understand them, so it would require a little more than engineering brains.

However, this never stopped people to create "perpetual" motion engines that
were always eventually proved to be either hoaxes/scams, or genuine but not
working, or working but not actually perpetual (i.e. requiring an external
energy source to work).

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com