POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Brr. : Re: Brr. Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brr.
From: Tim Cook
Date: 20 Mar 2008 22:41:45
Message: <47e32e79$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Sorry, Tim, but that site seems ridden by teenagers who are just after the
> latest mangá fan sketches.  Your art perhaps might find a warmer reception at
> deviantart.com or cgsociety.org.  Or both perhaps! :)

I have a deviantart account, don't really do much with it, was wanting
to finish this drawing first before posting it there.../ic/ is useful
because they go batty insane over anything not realistic (they have a
Loomis fetish, really...anatomy is everything lol).  I was confused as
heck for a bit because they were actually *complimenting* the drawing.
it wasn't until I posted the original sketch that they set off.  Really
amazing how one little detail can totally alter people's perceptions of
an entire piece, especially when the detail is not terribly significant.

*shrugs*

> oh, so that's the reason for the stripes, huh?  ;)
>
> I suggest you keep the dolphin unfinished and semitransparent like it is now.
> Gives the picture an dreamlike quality...

I'm planning on when I get to the background making the dolphin glowing...

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com