POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ structuring help.... : C++ structuring help.... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  C++ structuring help....
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Mar 2008 18:21:03
Message: <47e2f15f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

As I progress in my understanding of C++, I come closer to the
inevitable conclusion that in order to make my code more efficient and
easy to alter, I need to learn more about classes and structs. Simple
concepts, but the problem comes with implementing said features.

A simple (tile based) level editor is my current project. Already, I
have about two dozen global variables. It's getting messy, and I'm
having to rewrite code to handle, say, foreground tile editing as
opposed to background tile editing.

Does anyone have a link to some good tutorials to help me manage this
ever-growing pile of data? I need to encapsulate everything. I'd like to
rid myself of global variables entirely, if that's possible. Thanks~

Sam