POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : photons through a doublet of lenses : Re: photons through a doublet of lenses Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:50:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photons through a doublet of lenses
From: Alain
Date: 20 Mar 2008 12:52:17
Message: <47e2a451$1@news.povray.org>
Sylvain Dubé nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/19 13:07:
> Hi,
> I have a new problem with a laser beam composed with photons. When I'm trying to
> pass my ray through the doublet, photons are stopped at the interface of the
> lenses. On the other hand, separately, the two lenses lets pass and diffracts
> the rays as it is necessary. Is it a bug? How can I solve my problem?
> Thank you
> Sylvain

Are the lense set as target with refraction on? I assume yes.

What is your max_trace_level? Try setting it to a larger value.
A doublet mean that you have 4 surfaces. If your beam have already crossed 1
surface, or been reflected, you just reached the default value of 5, it just
can't go further.
Count each transparent object you encounter, multiply by 2. Add any reflective
surfaces encountered. Add 1 for the final target surface.
Set max_trace_level to that value, or more.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think 80s movies have the