POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Mar 2008 06:43:19
Message: <47e24dd7$1@news.povray.org>
>> Renault Megan 1.6L. Metalic red.
>
> Is that the one with the 'concept' backside?

No. My dad briefly owned "that" car... *shudders*

> I've never driven a Renault
> before but I've heard nothing but Good Things.

My dad likes 'em. Apparently they all have a very high NCAP rating or
something. All I know is they all have very soft suspension...

>> [Nobody else in my family has ever owned a car with metalic paint. Of
>> air conditioning. Or electric windows. Or ABS. My dad's old car had
>> power steering though...]
>
> I don't think anyone's made a car without power steering for some years
> now.

Like I said, I'm the first person in the family to ever own a new car.
[As opposed to a 20-year-old wreck.]

> Everyone says that it's hard going back to 'regular' steering but
> I've never had a problem... (mind you, it's not so bad with small, light
> cars).

My mum's car doesn't have anything remotely modern like that. It's hard
to drive, but not that hard. Mind you, I only have to drive it to move
it out of my way so I can use my own car. The hardest part is that I
can't find the accelerator pedal. But the tickover is set so damn high
that I can still drive it quite fast anyway. [No, it is NOT a diesel.]

Actually, scrub that. The hardest part is finding my mum's ****ing KEYS!

(I still can't get over how my mum looses her keys and her perse EVERY
DAY OF HER LIFE! I mean, WTF? Every day she has to spend hours searching
for them. Me, I just always keep mine in the same place, so I can always
find them. How friggin' hard is THAT??)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/