POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Mar 2008 06:28:40
Message: <47e24a68$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...so...kind of like the way an "Athlon" X2 6000+ has nothing to do with
>> an "Athlon" 1200+?
>
> Or like the Fiat 500, the Volkswagen Beetle or the Mini Cooper, all cars
> that had "legendary" brand recognition and that were completely redesigned
> recently even though the name was kept. Citroen plans a "new" 2CV too
> apparently
> http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208391/citroens_2cv_is_back.html.
> Actually, I'd say that keeping the name is actually the (marketing) point of
> the redesign.

The thing I find so amazing is the mini. The new mini is friggin *huge*.
It's bigger than my damn car! And yet, somehow it manages to *look*
small. It's a staggering optical illusion. I have no idea how it works,
but minis look small even though they aren't. Fascinating...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/