POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Mar 2008 06:26:18
Message: <47e249da$1@news.povray.org>

47e244db$1@news.povray.org...
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>
>> As Wikipedia humourously says, there's "no genetic links" between a 1976
>> Fiesta and the latest model (which wasn't even supposed to be called
>> Fiesta). "Fiesta" is a brand name that is kept for a series of cars aimed
>> at the same market segment(s), and that are periodically redesigned,
>> sometimes from the ground up.
>
> ...so...kind of like the way an "Athlon" X2 6000+ has nothing to do with
> an "Athlon" 1200+?

Or like the Fiat 500, the Volkswagen Beetle or the Mini Cooper, all cars
that had "legendary" brand recognition and that were completely redesigned
recently even though the name was kept. Citroen plans a "new" 2CV too
apparently
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208391/citroens_2cv_is_back.html.
Actually, I'd say that keeping the name is actually the (marketing) point of
the redesign.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com