POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Mar 2008 05:56:18
Message: <47e242d2@news.povray.org>

47e23ede$1@news.povray.org...
> But aren't cars rather like processors? Sure, it costs a lot to design
> one, but once it's designed you can just go on churning out copies of it
> forever. I mean, hell, when was the Ford Fiesta designed? And it's *still*
> on sale today! Surely they've more than recovered the original design
> costs by now?

As Wikipedia humourously says, there's "no genetic links" between a 1976
Fiesta and the latest model (which wasn't even supposed to be called
Fiesta). "Fiesta" is a brand name that is kept for a series of cars aimed at
the same market segment(s), and that are periodically redesigned, sometimes
from the ground up.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com