POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? : Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ?
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Mar 2008 22:09:38
Message: <47e1d572@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> What's wrong with C++?
>
>   Some people don't like the fact that memory management requires great care.

My understanding is that there are piles and piles of gotchas you have
to learn about before you can make reliable programs, even if you stay
within the definition of the language and don't start doing threads or
dynamic code loading or things like that.

With C, for example, there are only a handful of gotchas you have to
learn about. Stuff like "don't run off allocated memory", "don't fail to
declare types of function arguments and returns", "make sure your
definitions match your declarations", "put parens around your macros", etc.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"