POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? : Re: How *annoying* is this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How *annoying* is this?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 19 Mar 2008 14:06:49
Message: <47e16449@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>      Ah, I see, thanks. It looks simple to implement, although I don't
>> think I'd ever use frames myself.
>
> It's a bad idea to use them anyway. Frames are evil.

They still are only server-side possibility to maintain static
navigational bar and loading only contents while surfing.

Yes, they are widely misused. But eg. when surfing with mobile
connection (GPRS gives 56kbps with 1sec latences if the connection is
good) I like them, because with them it's actually possible to reduce data.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net