POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? : Re: How *annoying* is this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How *annoying* is this?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 19 Mar 2008 13:48:10
Message: <47e15fea$1@news.povray.org>
St. escribió:
> "Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message
>> St. escribi�:
>>>      Ah, I see, thanks. It looks simple to implement, although I don't
>>> think I'd ever use frames myself.
>> It's a bad idea to use them anyway. Frames are evil.
>
>      Yes, I haven't spotted it for ages, but didn't some websites (say, when
> doing a search), have tags like: "This website uses frames, please blah,
> blah, blah" - or something like that?

Yes, those exist. They are the worst.

The "alternate content if frames aren't supported" (<noframes>) is
supposed to be that: *alternate content*. Not a warning saying "your
browser doesn't support frames, get one that does, or I won't show you
anything useful". It should show the normal page contents, in a layout
not requiring frames.

Although if they can make a layout that doesn't need frames, they might
as well use it always and drop the frame-requiring one completely.