POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 19 Mar 2008 13:19:27
Message: <47e1592f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Good lord, man! I edited the videos I took in Africa like 10 years ago.
> Back when a 1 megapixel still camera was pretty naff.

Hang on... 10 years ago, digital still cameras didn't exist, digital
video cameras where those things that news crews owned, and "the
multimedia revolution" was still considered all neat and futuristic.
Decoding MPEG video in realtime required custom ASICs to do the DCTs
fast enough. So where the hell did *you* get a time machine from?!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/