POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Mar 2008 09:05:23
Message: <47e11da3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> WTF! You spent 6000 of your hard earned cash without even bothering to
> find out the price of new cars?!?!?!

Well nobody else in my family has ever been able to afford a new car.
All the cars we've ever owned have been ancient wrecks. The car I have
is actually about the nicest car anybody I know has ever had. [Well,
until my sister bought a second-hand sports car a few months ago...]

It's not like I went to a shop and just purchased the first thing they
offered me. I visited quite a number of places, looking at various cars.

rubbish, so I declined. Similarly, I saw a rather nice Vaxhual Astra for

how hard you boot it, it JUST WON'T MOVE! Huge 2 liter engine, and it
goes slower than my old 1.1 L Ford... WTF?

> A brand new small car can be bought in the 7000-9000 pounds range (eg
> Peugeot 107/207 type car).  For 25,000 you'd be able to get a pretty
> fast luxury family car.

I doubt it - the "luxury cars" they show you on Top Gear all cost a damn

perfectly reasonable price. In fact, he seemed to think it was a pretty
damn good deal. And he's owned a hell of a lot of cars...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/