POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? : Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Mar 2008 07:02:42
Message: <47e100e2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   IMO one very important factor for the popularity of C++ is the staggering
> amount of libraries for it. Since almost all C libraries can be used in C++,
> the amount of available libraries is simply enormous.

I'd venture to say C# also has an astounding amount of libraries (at
least, on the Windows platform ...) the base library for .NET is pretty
extensive, though not without limitations, but those can easily be
worked around. I don't know whether the base libraries for Mono are as
plentiful, as I only have very limited experience with Mono.

The drawback? It's not viewed as a high performance language.