POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? : Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smart little programming tricks, where to find ?
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Mar 2008 05:31:27
Message: <47e0eb7f@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> And that's the sad part. C is a horrid, horrid language, but it's
>> where all the libraries are. All the "good" languages I've seen have a
>> crippling lack of half-decent libraries...
>
> That's why I'm looking at Erlang. Decent language, good efficiency,
> industrial-strength libraries.

I did look at Erlang. (Let's face it, other than Lisp, it's the only
remotely "popular" functional language. And Erikson is behind it, so
that's a pretty damn big vote of confidence in the soundness of the
technology.)

But alas, it's not purely functional, and the general style just seemed
untidy and complicated. It's just not my cup of tea...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/